Release of Records

Consent for release of confidential educational records

Disclosure of a student's confidential education records (e.g., grades, status of withdrawal petition, etc.) requires prior written consent of the student (unless disclosure is permitted under certain exceptions to FERPA set forth in Section 99.31 of the FERPA Regulations). A student's written consent may be obtained by using the consent form available for download here

In order for staff in the Center for Academic Performance and Persistence to share confidential education records with a parent, guardian, or other third party, the student will need to present a signed form to our office granting us consent to do do. If the student wishes to release his or her records from more than one office (e.g., the registrar’s office and the Office of Student Affairs) then a separate form will need to be presented by the student and kept on file in each office.

For more on FERPA and the release of student educational records, please visit the Office of the Registrar.

These policies apply to Undergraduate Students only. Graduate students should contact the Graduate School for more information.