CofC Logo

Complete Withdrawal - Undergraduate Students

Formal departure from College of Charleston

If a student has decided to leave the College of Charleston permanently, then they are encouraged to formally withdraw from the institution through the Center for Academic Performance and Persistence office.

To be approved for a Complete Withdrawal from the College, a student cannot be dismissed for academic deficiency. In the event a student requests a Complete Withdrawal, but has been academically dismissed, the Complete Withdrawal Request will be canceled and the dismissal will stand.

**The Information for Complete Withdrawal on this page is for Undergraduate Students.  Graduate Students wishing to Withdraw from the College of Charleston need to contact the Graduate School Office in Randolph Hall or email Robyn Olejniczak at for information. **

Requesting a Complete Withdrawal From the College will not trigger course withdrawals. Please consult below:

  • Before drop/add ends: Students must drop courses online in MyCharleston.
  • Between drop/add and the last day to withdraw: Students must withdraw themselves from courses online in MyCharleston. Students will receive grades of a W in all courses. Email notification is sent to student when they withdrawal from a course.
  • After the last day to withdraw: Students will receive grades of F in all courses. Please consult CAPP staff for options. --Petition for Late Course Withdrawals is a separate process. Visit the Late Withdrawal pages for more information.

Before requesting a Complete Withdrawal From the College:

  • Make appropriate arrangements with the Offices of the Treasurer, Financial Assistance, and Residence Life to ensure that all financial obligations to the College have been satisfied.
  • Drop or withdraw from currently enrolled courses. If the withdrawal deadline has passed, then the student must also follow the process for the Petition for Withdrawal After the Official Withdrawal Deadline.

For more information about Complete Withdrawal from the College of Charleston, please see the Undergraduate Catalog.

Request a Complete Withdrawal from the College of Charleston

You may submit a Complete Withdrawal request online, submit a form electronically, or fill out a form in person at our office (Lightsey Center, Room B-12). Please use the version most convenient to you.